Saturday, May 26, 2018

Why Akuma?

Why Akuma for my twitter avatar?

For reasons I cannot explain, I get satisfaction out of dropping the final blow to Akuma as deep within the princess' chambers as possible.  Depending on the day, I may or may not let my body join Akuma's on the floor.  That feeling of satisfaction, is the same feeling as when tagging all four repeller cores when saving the Airheart prince.  Maybe I'll choose Airheart's flaming sword next time.  For now, it's Akuma.

When my work center adopted a new wiki, people began assigning personalized avatars.  My supervisor, at the time; she adopted a cute picture of a cartoon tabby cat.  Not just a cat-person, she was a clowder-person.

I felt I should say something about myself through my choice avatar, and I opted to express my enjoyment of Apple //'s -- via the avatar, which has the signature color palette and pixel geometry -- but also a game which I found to capture the very best of the early analog joystick gaming experience.

Thanks Jordan!

Michael Kelsey
@michaela2kelsey



No comments:

Post a Comment